Today is the last day of November 2012; we are just one month away from ushering a brand new year. This article is my last for 2012 because I shall be away for the entire month of December for a family vacation, follow by a 21-day spiritual retreat where I continue my intense spiritual work on myself with my master during the 2012 consciousness shift.
Life is nothing but a continual expansion. Paramahamsa Nithyananda reminds us every year we should spend a little time to take stock of our own spiritual account – to see how far we’ve travelled and the spiritual growth we’ve done for ourselves.
The year of 2012 has been a major breakthrough in my life. The last 11 months have made me realized so many great truths, lessons and experiences about life. Let me share some of the major happenings with you and how experientially each experience had enriched me.
- COURAGE TO TRUST YOUR CALLING. In January 2012, I followed my inner guidance and started Your Presence Heals as an avenue to share the science of yoga and self healing with humanity. I realized that teaching yoga classes alone is not sufficient for transformation because we have so many layers of engrams or engraved memories that are so deep rooted. It is only by working on deeper processes, kriyas combined with the right understanding and cognizance that can really penetrate into deeper layers of engrams. Your Presence Heals has enabled me to create a platform in reaching out to women and children as well as to communicate more overtly my service to humanity. I am delighted to note that I have been able to attract many more women who are seeking help in their lives – whether it is physical health, mental health, emotional health or spiritual health. This year, at least 7 ladies had benefited from the private sessions where I worked on their personal issues on a one-on-one basis. It gives me a lot of fulfillment when I work with them individually because I see results and transformation more quickly. The trusting relationship with my clients that blossoms after such deep inner work is a blessing. In 2013, I am confident that more people will be ready to embrace such alternative healing therapy instead of pharmacotherapy. Had I not trusted my inner calling, I wouldn’t have discovered my innate gift to humanity?! For many of you out there who are thinking of breaking out from the mainstream career, if you align your life with your swadharma (bio-memories which you assumed this body), you will be successful and feel fulfilled in whatever field you choose.
- WE CAN LIVE ON PRANA. Another great highlight of 2012 for me was living without solid food for 20 days surviving only on liquid diet when I went through a powerful samyama (a yogic technology to explore and discover our immense possibility) to awaken the bio-memory to produce life force or prana from ether and sun-rays. Besides losing unwanted fats and 6 kilos, I discovered a few great truths: a) food is just one source of energy, prana from ether is another purer source of energy, b) our body is capable of manufacturing food without external source, c) the liberation from the bondage of food is so ecstatic, d) this process broke many of my food-related mental patterns, e) this process can free humanity from all health problems or diseases like diabetes, eating disorders caused by food from over-eating or under-eating, f) I am no longer at the mercy of the food companies and drug companies! During that process, I was constantly in a space of high state of consciousness and my body felt so energetic, blissful and light. Only with the grace of a master, I had a chance to discover the miracles of our body intelligence and a new sacred space of bliss and liberation.
- WE CAN LEARN A LOT FROM CHILDREN. If you understand life is an evolutionary process, you will be able to accept that each generation gets updated. This means that we are smarter than our parents’ generation and, in turn, our children’s generation is smarter than our generation, and so on. The wrong understanding is that we, as parents, know better than the kids. No! After having worked with children for the last 18 months, I found that children already come with all the wisdom they need to live their life, the only thing they require from their parents and society is a secured and loving space for them to explore their possibilities, balance their dynamic energy for outer world performance, awaken their intuition, love and compassion. If we are aware, there is so much to learn from them. My son constantly teaches me something about life and my mental patterns. He is also my teacher frankly and I enjoy being with him. Children are a mirror for us to look in as a reflection of our ugly ego and also see their beauty of pure innocence.
- HEALED FROM THE IDEA OF SEPARATION. Another mind-blowing experience I had was about 2 months ago when the Akashic Records on “Birth” was revealed by Mahadeva, Kalabhairava which was channeled through the body of Swamiji. Before this revelation, I always carried this deep wound of separation from the whole, the Source. The records read that “The moment the individual consciousness feels, the part is no more participating directly with the whole, that moment can be considered as birth, that moment indicates the individual’s suffering beginning. The birth as you understand does not exist in the cosmos. Continuously your movements, your desires, create different states of consciousness in you. Because of this alerted consciousness like lust, anger, greed, fear, jealousy, competition, love, feeling of deprived, depression, because of these various experiences and the expressions, part starts feeling it is separated from the Whole. The moment the part feels it is separated from the whole, it claims it has taken birth. So the birth actually does not happen as you think. When a body comes out of another one body, it cannot be called as birth. Only when the individual awareness feels its independence existence, the birth begins. Birth is the beginning of the suffering, as the part forgets its source’s existence, connection and participation with the source. As the source’s relationship is forgotten by the part, the deluded suffering becomes the lifestyle from the moment of birth.” My eyes were pouring when I heard these words – they were the deepest form of truth for my ignorant mind! So much healing happened at that moment in my inner space from my own delusion of separation from the Source. Ah…, finally I am able to relax completely into the compassion of the Whole.
- PARABHAKTI – SEEING EVERYONE & EVERYTHING AS EMBODIMENT OF EXISTENCE. For years, I had learned intellectually from the yoga scriptures that “Everything is Brahman, an embodiment of Existence”. But to have this statement become an experience really something extraordinary! For the whole month of November, I was soaked in the Parabhakti, devotion in seeing the divinity in everyone and everything. This can only happen when we’ve experienced Guru Bhakti i.e. seeing God in some person like teacher, master or guru and we start seeing God in our self (Atma Bhakti). Finally the highest form of devotion is on the concept of all the objects and people we see (including our own spouse and enemies) as God is Parabhakthi. The whole sangha (spiritual community) was asked to share their individual connection with the master. After reading many devotees’ sharing of their spiritual journey and their devotion, it dawns on me that seeing divinity in all things is what gives us fulfillment, which is the essence of life. This is wisdom (Vijgnanam) which is a gift by Existence.
So I highly recommend that everyone performs a stock-taking of their spiritual account for 2012 as a year-end exercise. You will realize the amount of expansion you have been blessed with by Existence. In that realisation, only feelings of gratitude and surrender will be there.
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and an Enlightening Happy New Year! 🙂